Monday, November 9, 2009

SHOPPING WITH ANTONIO






RAFFAELE e PAOLA

After moving to New York well over seven years ago, I now find myself relying on a little shopping to ease my stress. Afterall, what harm could a minor purchase or two cause, right? For that you’ll have to speak to my Financial Planner. [smile]

Because I live and work amongst some amazing stores, I decided to give my readers – whether living or visiting the Big Apple – a sampling of my taste in fashion, spa services and anything else my humble heart desires.

Today’s Purchases

Have you heard of RAFFAELE e PAOLA? Darlings, it’s been a secret of mine for quite some time now (at least I like to think so). I wandered in and engaged in my usual session with Abigail (the owner and daughter of Raffaele and Paola, for whom the store is named).

Immediately, in the corner of my eye I saw some gloves that I just had to have. Now, gloves have always been a difficult thing for me to purchase as they’re generally too masculine and, I must insist, give me gloves with flair.

Meanwhile, as I was “ooh-ing and ahh-ing” about, I saw my dream umbrella. Yes, I do splurge on accessories! It was fit for a man, yet sleek and well designed. Makes you almost hope for a rainy forecast.


Here’s what Abigail had to say:

RAFFAELE e PAOLA was founded in 2006 with the idea in mind to bring beauty from Europe. To be surrounded by sensuality, imagination, rock ‘n’ roll, elegance and flights of fancy. To bring history and respect for craftsmanship passed down through generations.

For you to find something that may bring out the lady/gentleman in you, or the animal.

Form and function are indeed, always criteria. But maybe when it is not raining, you hang the umbrella on the wall, just because it is that amazing. “I’m always asked who Raffaele e Paola are. They are my parents.”

I do her mom’s hair and she’s a darling!

Antonio

0 comments:

newer older