Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN ACOINE!





Happy Birthday Kevin Acoine!

As we all celebrate Valentine's Day and the things we love…I want to remember a hero of mine. His is the late, Kevin Acoine, and Valentine’s Day also happens to be his birthday. Not only was he a force to be reckoned, he was talented in ways that will forever be remembered within the industry. Kevin took our industry by storm with his keen eye for making any woman look and feel beautiful inside out. Most Makeup artists and hairdressers can make a woman look beautiful on the outside, but very few can make a woman's inner beauty shine through like Kevin did. Kevin’s changed my outlook on beauty forever.




Six Degrees of Separation

Eighteen years ago, I received a book by Kevin, personally autographed to me as a gift by my Trinidadian hair hero Anthony Medina. His best friend is Celebrity Stylist, Freddie Lieba (another Trinidadian) who was a friend of Kevin Acoine.

Hair by Anthony Medina.

Anthony and Meiling.
Beyonce by Freddie Leiber.
Above Freddie and Catherine Malandrino.


Sixteen years later, I came to meet another friend of Kevin Acoin’s, Orlando Pita, a man who has inspired my journey forward and change my life.


Orlando working on Catherine Zeta Jones.



The Universe Works in Mysterious Ways

Who could imagine an autographed book by Kevin would send me on such a personal journey to then work with Orlando, who I will forever hold close to my heart. I am living proof that dreams do come true.

True love and inspiration always endure…may they find you.

Happy Valentines Day!

Antonio Gonzales

2 comments:

Princess Martha said...

What a fabulous post!
Perfectly echoing the message of love and happiness!

Unknown said...

I am so happy you enjoyed it, your comment means a lot to me!

Antonio

newer older