Friday, April 27, 2012

ANTONIO GONZALES RETURNING TO ORLO SALON NYC.





I am very happy to share with my readers that I will soon be returning to New York City! On the first of June, I will be resuming my position at the wonderful Orlo salon,

owned by our favorite hairstylist Orlando Pita.
As usual, I will keep you up to date with all the latest from our industry with articles, images, and soon videos.



Working at Orlo not only gives me the opportunity to learn firsthand what happens in the beauty industry (Orlando's work).
It also allows me to keep my focus on honesty and quality first. After being away from NYC for over a year and living in Miami, I have had the opportunity to fall in love with New York like never before. I have also had the chance to find my new love in volunteering.



In the past year, I was privileged to work with a wonderful group of young ladies at Casa Valentina and to share my views on the importance of individuality and how beauty is still just “skin deep.”
I also had the opportunity to meet the wonderful nurses at Oceanside Extended Care in South Beach, where I gave free haircuts to the very sick patients.
I can't begin to describe how it felt to see someone who can't walk or speak stare at themselves in the mirror as I cut their hair. Their resulting smiles left me feeling a huge sense of gratitude.



Together with my new friend in Miami,
I was also able to collect donations and make sandwiches for sometimes more than 200 homeless people in downtown Miami every six weeks or so. I'm looking forward to recruiting friends in NYC to do the same for the homeless there.



I share this because the gift of giving came to me at a very difficult time in my life. As they say, the only way to true happiness is gratitude and learning to appreciate how fortunate we are.


So thanks again to my readers and I'll see you in the Big Apple! ;)




0 comments:

newer older