Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Soft Modern Wave





If you read my post a few years ago titled, "Stop the fake curls and waves," I made it very clear what was out and what was on its way in for 2013. Today I want to share another technique around creating waves...one that's very old yet new to some.


I was on a photo shoot with a makeup artist and a photographer recently and we decided to create a soft, playful look for our young Brazilian model. Because it was a relaxed shoot and our model had long, beautiful hair, I felt that this technique would be perfect. Check out my short video on how to create these waves along with some images of the finished look. 

video

 To prep the hair I used PhytoVolume Actif and a PhytoKeratine. The iron I used is the T3 Body Waver, which has now become my favorite iron.

It's definitely a softer approach to the old barrel curl waves we've been seeing for way too long!

0 comments:

newer older