Sunday, May 4, 2008

GREEN FOR ALL










As I continue to have fun with my blog, I realise that I have the gift of a platform to share my knowledge of what I know best -- hair. Learning about the world around me that's not hair-related, I'm meeting and getting to know people who are making change for themselves and others. This has inspired me to share with you my favorite charities, non-profits and individuals that are trying to make the world a fairer, safer and more sustainable place. Hearing stories from people from all over the Caribbean, for example, about the ocean reclaiming beaches and not receding I am truly prompted to make a change myself.

I was recently introduced to GREEN FOR ALL by my long-time source of inspiration Peter Teague, Program Director at a national grant making foundation. I was so
touched by the story and changes that this group is working towards that I decided to make this the first post towards "change" of many to come. Enjoy!!



The Vision
We believe a shift to clean energy can improve the health and
well-being of low-income people, who suffer disproportionately from
cancer, asthma and other respiratory ailments in our dirty-energy
economy.

Also, we believe it can create entrepreneurial, wealth-building
opportunities for those who need new avenues of economic advance.

In other words: we believe that the national effort to curb global
warming and oil dependence can simultaneously create good jobs, safer
streets and healthier communities.

For us, our highest calling is to ensure that the clean-energy economy
in the 21st century in fact does all of these things. Indeed, we would
say that America's chief moral obligation is to build a green economy
that is strong enough to lift many people out of poverty.

To learn more about GREEN FOR ALL visit their link and lets all
work towards change.

0 comments:

newer older