Sunday, February 28, 2010

FASHION WEEK 2010






HAUTE CUT-URE

Since I’ve been receiving so many questions from readers and clients regarding Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week NYC, I decided to share my own personal experience with everyone. Although I’ve had opportunities in the past to assist at Fashion Week, it has never been at this magnitude.

As destiny would have it, I work for one of the strongest men in the editorial world – Orlando Pita. He extended me the privilege of taking part in this week long extravaganza. Orlando would start the day giving us a demo as to how we would achieve the look created for a given designer.

I have two words to describe this experience – life changing.

Even under pressure he was graceful, respectful and produced some incredible hair. He took the time to show me how to execute these strong looks whenever I was having difficulty. It’s an entirely different story when you’re doing hair that has to hold up, look flawless and not take hours (per model) to do.

Not only was I blessed to be in the company of such talent, but it was also a gift to work with leading designers Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera and Diane von Furstenberg. From incredibly beautiful girls, “to die for” clothes and trend-setting hair – it was a dream come true.

Here are some images from behind the scenes working my fingers off.










Here I am working with West Indian born Hairstylist Marcia, what talent!!

Hair Artist
(t) 323-371-2191
www.MarciaHamilton.com

1 comments:

JLawrence-Clarke said...

I look forward to working with you Antonio!!!!
JL-C.

newer older