Monday, February 8, 2010

MIRACLE SKIN CARE






THE SKINNY ON SKIN CARE

I don’t often write about skin care, but when I do, rest assured that it’s because I’ve tried the products I speak of. As you know, I grew up on two tropical islands – Trinidad and Tobago. Consequently, humidity is my best friend. I’m not talking about walking down 7th Avenue in Manhattan with the streets steaming and the hot air from the subway blowing as you pass by. Oh no. I am talking about the tropical breeze and a lovely moist feeling as you plunge into Mount Irvine Beach in Tobago.


So when the winter hits, you know my skin is as dry as a one-week-old scone. So this season, I searched for the best in skin care for my very dry skin. I was tired of the creams I’d purchase at the local drugstore and actually thought it would be more beneficial to use something a bit more natural. This is where my miracle find comes in. I would like to introduce you to four products that have changed my skin from being super dry to super soft and conditioned all day long.

The best part is that I don’t need all four at once. They can each do the job intended by themselves. I bring you DaCuore Natural Products.

Vitamin E Enriched Hand Cream

This hand cream goes on like a glove made of nutrients – it felt great! It smells delicious and never felt too oily or greasy like some hand creams that leave your hands slippery all day long. Some of the ingredients contained in this cream are sweet almond oil, honey, organic sesame and sunflower. As if that’s not enough, it contains myrrh, which is an essential oil with antibacterial qualities and healing properties for abrasions, chapped skin and cuts. I love this for daytime relief.

Extra RICH Body Cream

Because I do a lot of hair color in the salon and don’t always wear gloves (they annoy me), I have the driest hands at night. [frown] The one product that eases my discomfort quickly is the body cream. Before going to bed I use this instead of the hand cream applying a thick layer. I’m able to sleep without having to wake up at 3AM to moisturize my hands. The key ingredients – Avocado Oil which is rich in Vitamins A, B2, D and E and has sunscreen properties, and Kukui Oil which is highly penetrable and soothing to the skin. I stand by this product and highly recommend it.

Okay now, I’m getting started!

Body Oil

For the oil lovers, this is a must. The consistency is not like baby oil (which I can’t stand). It’s thick, but not like car lube. The skin quickly absorbs it like a cream leaving a soft finish. It’s fantastic for elbows, knees and because of my Ethiopian heritage, sometimes if my gorgeous skin gets too dry, I will use it where necessary. I can get a little ashy (shhh, that’s our secret). I also use this product in Tobago as part of my post sun care regimen. Some of its ingredients are Vitamin B2, D, A and E. Sounds like a train to Chelsea!

Special Skin Salve

This is for hardcore dryness. They call it a powerhouse and that it most certainly is. It contains Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Kukui Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Organic Honey, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Sesame Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Tamanu Oil and essential oils of Geranium, Roman Chamomile, Lavendar with a beeswax base and Tea Tree. When you try it, you will understand exactly what they mean. It’s a must for every household.

Thanks for sharing your amazing products with me.


ANTONIO GONZALES

0 comments:

newer older