Sunday, January 11, 2009

I LOVE LONG HAIR!







Over the past year, I have posted many short hair cuts on my blog and have written many articles on how and why you should go short. While on a recent trip to Miami I was exposed to some beautiful Latina's with gorgeous long locks and I had to face the reality that although I understand short hair I actually love long hair. As a child I would hear my mother say to my sisters, "Don't cut your hair, it is your beauty!" Many years later I will say that there is some truth to what mama said, but could long hair work against you?

YOU KNOW YOUR HAIR IS TOO LONG WHEN:

1) Your hair is always in a ponytail. A ponytail is a style not a sentence.

2) It is annoying your loved ones who have seen you look better and now they think you look too old for your age.

3) You lost your Chihuahua in your hair last week.

4) Your hair is lifeless and feeling sexy is not an option.

5) Your child (if you have one) calls you Rapunzel.

WHY DO SOME HAIRDRESSERS ALWAYS CUT TOO MUCH LENGTH OFF?

Ladies and gentlemen I have seen it all and YES some hair stylists are hair hungry making your hair style all about their ego. It is important as a hair stylist to keep in mind that it’s not important to see hair on the floor in order for a client to feel like they have gotten their money’s worth. A great cut can be done by making subtle changes. It is not always necessary to try to blow the client away with your stylist trying to feed their ego and prove their self worth.

HOW TO AVOID GETTING YOUR LONG HAIR CUT TOO SHORT?

1) Keep insisting to your stylist that you want long hair over and over again (especially if you are a new client and unfamiliar with their work).

2) Don't talk to your stylist when he or she is cutting. Who cares about his or her man troubles and contrary to public opinion your stylist is not a therapist. :)

3) Ask to see what an inch looks like, an inch looks different to us all.

4) When cutting fine long hair I find it helpful to cut my layers first then cut the actual length. From my own mistake, I have realized that I may have given the client the length they requested but as soon as I cut long layers the hair appears to feel lighter on the ends which in return then feels shorter.

As a child I heard my mother saying often to my sisters, “Don't cut your hair, it is your beauty!” Well mama, you were right when talking to teen age girls, but long layers when done correctly can make the biggest difference. And as some woman mature, it is important to make changes to suit her new features and texture change resulting from her natural highlights (gray hair).

I wish you long hair!

Copyright © 2008 Antonio Gonzales, All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

newer older