Thursday, January 15, 2009

PRODUCTS THEY SHOULD IMPROVE





In the world of cosmetics, there seem to be a never ending supply of new products. It seems like just when you are confident you have mastered the perfect hair care regime, all of a sudden there is a whole new product line for a hair ailment you never realized you had. I often write about the products I like or the ones I don’t like. Well how about the products that I like but still wish they would improve. We all have products that we like but always wonder what if they would apply that extra ingredient that would make the world a better place for us all?

Here are some of those products that I have used and liked but would always have a “what if” moment.

The first is the Sumo Wax by bumble and bumble.

Yes it is a good wax, gives good hold and yes this company offered us a new way of approaching waxes and using them….

BUT

Why the hell is it so thick that I have to take a hair dryer to melt it so I can use it? I really don't want to work this hard to use any product. Is their anyway to make this a little softer? PLEASE!!



Now lets move on to Fructis by Garnier:

For a drugstore product not bad at all. I like the smoothing milk/polish and their wax….

BUT

Who was the queen that they hired to do the smell test on this product? And why does every product smell like burnt apples? Can we just change the scent? And why are all the manufactures of drugstore products designing all of this bright packaging? Like hello!



Okay I'm getting warmed up..

John Frieda Frizz Ease

WE all need a little silicone to help with frizzing.

BUT

Well hello grease ball!!! Have you ever blow dried your hair and see the room full of smoke/steam? Well baby, get ready for the built in fog machine.



Big Sexy Hair

For some reason those three words just don't go together. If it was big sexy man or big sexy mama I would be interested. And that can, child, it’s so old school. I saw a drag queen on Hudson Street soar one at a man like a rocket launcher! You Go Girl!!!



Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner by Aveda

Please don't get me started on this one. When I have a new client and I feel that their hair is dry, I will often ask what shampoo and conditioner they use. If they use Aveda, chances are they are using these two products. They smell great but the shampoo is either SO strong or the conditioner is too weak that they tend to dry out most hair types. I personally only like these products for men with an oily scalp or women with virgin healthy hair and an oily scalp.





If you have any thoughts of your own that you would like to share please comment.

I wish you great products!

Copyright © 2008 Antonio Gonzales, All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

newer older