Friday, August 3, 2012

Was Your Favorite Hair Product Discontinued?





I think most of us can relate to having our favorite hair products be discontinued without any warning. As a hairstylist I'm annoyed, so I can only imagine how you feel!

I recently had this experience with a shampoo and hair mask from one of my favorite brands. I have talked about Age Recharge Shampoo and Mask more than I talk about my significant other. I can safely say that very few protein masks and shampoos can live up to the standards of Age Recharge. I love the smell, the results are incredible and my clients feel the same way.




So when it was replaced with Age Premium, Bain Substantif (shampoo), Lait  Substantif (the conditioner) and Masque Substantif, I was surprised. I quickly started to familiarize myself with it.

Results...

I'm not impressed. The mask leaves hair too soft and the shampoo does not feel as good. The reality is when a great shampoo or conditioner hits the market like Age Recharge and has a "long run”, sometimes it's "too long". At the end of the day it seems like it’s all about sales and profits for companies. Why keep something that works well, but may have dropped in sales? When you can create hype around a replacement product that’s supposed to be better and hopefully produce more sales.

Sadly this strategy does not always work So go online and buy as much Age Recharge as you can, stock up baby!! Oh and they’re making changes to the entire Kerastase line so beware.

0 comments:

newer older