Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Together Lets Help Women In Need





So far being back in NYC has been about seeing old friends. I recently had dinner with a former-co-worker and we ran through our struggles, triumphs and goals over the past year. As we were talking about the hair industry she mentioned that she had liters of unopened shampoos and conditioners that she wanted to donate, but didn’t know where.

I quickly went online and found the perfect charity, Women in Need. Here’s a short description from their website.

Women In Need  (WIN) provides housing, help and hope to New York City women and their families who are homeless and disadvantaged. Through comprehensive programs such as shelter, supportive permanent housing, job training, domestic violence services, alcohol and substance abuse treatment and childcare, WIN offers the tools and guidance which allow our families to return to their communities and live independently."

Music to my ears!!! My co-worker Rich and I jumped into his car and headed up to 31st Street to Women in Need’s location to drop off the products. 



While there, I asked how I could help. I am excited to say that I am working towards conducting biweekly workshops, starting in East Harlem (hopefully). The workshops will focus on both inner beauty as well as beautiful hairstyles for job interviews and daily haircare. I will also be donating brand new shampoos and conditioners and other hair products donated by my family at Orlo salon as part of the workshop.
As each session will educate at least a dozen participants, I’m looking to build a team of hairstylists who are willing to donate their time to styling and cutting hair for these women. I am also looking for brand new beauty products to give to my ladies at WIN to help with their daily beauty regime.

If you would like to help me, please message me at comesse@comessenyc.com.  If you would like to give your time to WIN or donate in any way, here is all the information you will need to get started.
Women In Need, Inc.
115 West 31st Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Telephone: 212.695.4758
Fax: 212.736.1649
Email: info@women-in-need.org


Love you all!! Antonio Gonzales

0 comments:

newer older